Electronics Hardware Designer (Filton)
£35 - £50 per hour
Are you an Electronics Hardware Designer, with at least 4 years’ experience in Firmware design in accordance with DO-254, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the rail sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Low noise digitisation schemes, including analogue signal conditioning, multiplexing and ADC techniques.
- FPGA design (VHDL), allowing a high level of digital electronic integration
- DSP design using low cost processors
- Complex small signal analogue closed loop design and development
- Prepare integration strategies and prove that the design meets the requirements
- Schematic capture, PCB layout and routing, and simulation of the electronics design
- Qualified to a good degree level in Electronics Engineering, Control Engineering or closely related discipline
- Experience of the Key Aspects of the role as identified above, ideally gained in an aerospace or defence environment
- Firmware design in accordance with DO-254
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Global Mindset
- Strong time management skills
- Proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to make quick decisions
- Proven ability to take calculated risks
- Promote the culture of Accountability, Change Championship, Team Work and Customer Focus
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Analogue design
- ASIC design
- RF design
- EMC design
- Reliability assessment and prediction
- Design certification for aircraft applications (military or civil)
- Atmospheric radiation / Single Event Effects
Likely Job Titles
Hardware Designer, Electronics Designer, FPGA Designer, FPGA Specialist
21st September 2018