Engineering Coordinator (Leeds)
£37,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with a major rail operator to recruit for an extremely organised engineering professional to support the engineering team from an operational viewpoint so the business can meet their stringent targets.
This is a fantastic role for an individual who wants to utilise their organisational and engineering knowledge in a fully supportive and immersive position within the engineering function. You will be responsible for providing a full overview of the engineering departments performance through KPI reporting and planned workloads.
Various locations Midlands, North and South
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Engineering team by preparing various reports, scheduling weekly planning reports, identifying and matching resources, including internal / external manpower, materials and hire equipment for maintenance workloads
- Provide Regional Engineering Managers and Terminal General Managers accurate weekly, monthly and yearly maintenance schedule.
- Amending routine maintenance plans, to ensure that any site breakdowns are given priority.
- Make flexible arrangements so that when a machine is VOR any scheduled or planned maintenance is accelerated to take advantage of the outage and reduce overall downtime.
- Financial reporting for the department, Weekly / monthly & yearly spend reviews and forecasts, including costs accruals at month end.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced operational professional who can apply themselves in a busy and fast-paced environment. A lot of this role is dependent on an individual’s interpersonal and softer skills, it is important for the candidate coming in to develop strong working relationships from the get-go as you will be liaising with different managers at any given time.
- Ideally, you will come from an engineering background preferably with exposure to maintenance procedures. Your organisational skills will be imperative in this role as you will be responsible for ensuring the sites are maintained and operating at optimum levels.
- Apply a diplomatic and tactful approach to resolving any associated conflict management situations (e.g. customers, staff and/or local trades unions);
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills;
- Highly organised and able to work to challenging deadlines whilst maintaining compliance;
- Maintain and co-ordinate good communication channels within and between UK operations teams and others as required;
- Proficient in the use of standard industry software;
- Knowledge of LOLER and PUWER Regulations Change attitudes and behaviours towards correct maintenance procedures and best practices
Previous experience in a similar environment preferred;
5th November 2019
Likely Job Titles
Assistant Engineering Manager, Engineering Planner, Maintenance Coordinator
- £35,000 - £45,000