Engineering Lecturer (Birmingham)
£25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you a experianced Engineering lectrurer looking for an opportunity to work with a prestigous FE provider in thier state of the art facility in Birmingham, using your wealth of experaince to impart knowledge to the next generation of Rail professionals that will ensure that the British railway will continue to flourish by helping to overcome the skill gap that is becoming prevalent in the industry
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking to recruit a Engineering Lectuer, who has extensive experience in teaching level 3 engineering courses to join our prestigious Further education client based in Birmingham.
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver education and training for learners specialising in or studying modules in Access to Engineering, This will include Electrical Science, Electricity, Engineering Mathematics, Materials and their Properties, Mechanical Power Transmission, Mechanical Properties of Materials, Mechanical Science, Mechanics and Study Skills.
To help deliver high quality teaching and learning, whilst contributing to preparing teaching and learning and engaging with the rest of the curriculum team in planning and assessing as appropriate. To proactively support curriculum management and ensure the efficient and effective delivery of teaching programmes to learners.
- To help prepare teaching and learning to meet industry specification standards
- To assist in teaching high quality teaching and learning
- To assist in assessing learners work
- To provide constructive feedback to learners
- To provide advice and guidance on progress and set learning targets
- To work with awarding bodies, university partners, industry organisations, professional bodies, employers, other FE providers, trailblazing groups and government organisations
- To produce learning resources
- To engage with the rest of the curriculum team in planning and assessing
- To participate in curriculum development
- To provide feedback on learners’ progress to stakeholders
- To engage in the development and delivery of ILT
- To identify and provide leadership and support to teachers in collecting and using assessment data to improve student learning
- To actively support and promote the college E Learning strategy
- To embrace the full potential of learning technologies in order to ensure that all staff and learners have access to a diverse range of learning resources and experiences
- To proactively support curriculum management
- To act as a personal tutor to learners
- To work with stakeholders to ensure the curriculum meets the needs of employers and the industry
- To support guest lecturers by providing guidance and ongoing help in the techniques
- To contribute to timetable scheduling
- The ability to manage stakeholder relationships to ensure sustainable, long-term and productive partnerships.
- Ability to evaluate existing programs and recommend new initiatives relative to curriculum and professional staff needs
- Strong communication skills – written, oral and presentational with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of audiences both within and outside the college
- Experience of teaching/training learners at level 3
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a teaching qualification
- Recognised Assessor/Verifier award or willingness to work towards this.
- Strong communicator who is able to manage time efficiently and can deal with stakeholders at differing levels.
- £25,000 - £35,000