Engineering Manager (Scunthorpe)
£65,000 - £75,000 per annum (car allowance)
The opportunity is for someone who has a passion for working in a technology and engineering environment who has a track record of driving project delivery within a design and manufacturing environment ideally within a rail infrastructure company. We are seeking an Engineering Manager who will be the key facilitator to ensure that “things get done”, not a task master but someone who can get the best out of an engineering/design team who have a busy time ahead…
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have partnered have partnered up with a telecommunications business that has recently had some fantastic projects wins in the UK. They have a strong order book and backing from a technology giant which have recently purchased the company provides a great deal of stability and an assurance of growth – there is a positive future ahead and you could be a key driver in our client’s future.
- Implements policies, guidelines and procedures regarding engineering structure and processes.
- Contributes to the business plan and proposes respective budgets and resources.
- Ensures and oversees all technical design and realization processes, for HW and/or SW projects assigned.
- Ensures effective cooperation and transmission of information to product / solution development departments.
- Coordinates engineering activities with the factory to ensure realization of agreed products / solutions.
- May participate in and supports marketing / technical meeting, events and dedicated exhibitions and forums.
- Leads team assigned, oversees employees´ qualification and performance and train technical capabilities.
- Excellent know how in operational processes, technologies and products in his / her field of expertise, providing contributions, which "makes the difference"
- Effective project management, including effective resource allocation within assigned projects
- The ability to evaluate, judge and decides on alternative options, effectively and accountably
- Flexible cooperation with management and experts, inside and outside the company, driving team effectiveness and results
- Ability to supervise and evaluate the appliance of function specific techniques
Possible job titles
Engineering Manager, CRE, CEM, Programme Manager
9th November 2018
- £45,000 +