Engineering Supervisor (Sheffield)
£30,000 - £34,000 per annum (additional benefits)
Ford & Stanley- The Recruitment Experts are seeking Engineering Supervisors for one of the largest bus operators in the UK.
This is an ideal opportunity to join one of the largest bus operators in the UK who transport 1.6million passengers per day, with a fifth of the market outside of London. This position will suit an individual who wants to make a difference to how the workshop runs by ensuring Technician level colleagues are performing to the required standard and rules and regulations are followed.
This role involves working 5/7 shift patterns 06:00-14:00 and 14:00- 22:00 hours on a weekly rotation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify and resolve day to day engineering issues, providing updates and escalating key issues or concerns to the line manager
- Supervise the maintenance and servicing of the fleet, ensuring vehicles comply with all statutory regulations
- Induct and develop an engaged, talented and high performing engineering team
- Efficiently allocate planned and unplanned work across the engineering team, including covering on the day absence
- Ensure the availability of vehicles in line with operational requirements
- Support the Stores Manager to ensure optimum management of stock and accurate and timely processing of warranty claims
- Maintain depot plant and equipment
- Ensure accurate capture and recording of all hours worked
- Maintain accurate records for all aspects of engineering standards and performance (including fleet and environmental management)
- Ensure a comprehensive hand-over and coordination to other Engineering Supervisors across shifts
- Conduct any disciplinary, grievance or absence management reviews
- Work alongside depot operational and engineering team members, developing excellent working relationships to effectively manage all aspects of service performance, including vehicle allocation, breakdowns, changeovers and punctuality and reliability of services
- Comply with requisition to pay procedures and delegated authorities
- Ensure an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives and officials
- At all times, comply with your responsibilities within the Health and Safety Policy, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
To be successful in this position you will be an effective leader with previous experience managing a team within the Automotive industry. You will have the drive and determination to improve processes and contribute to an overall improvement in operations at the depot.
- NVQ Level 3 minimum qualification
- Experience managing a team in the Automotive sector
- Experience maintaining vehicles
There is also an Engineering Supervisor position (night shifts only)- please apply if interested.
Other Job Titles
Workshop Controller, Service Manager, Master Technician, Vehicle Inspection Manager.
- £35,000 - £45,000