Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor (Edinburgh)
£37,500 - £40,000 per annum plus benefits
Do you have a demonstrable background in Environmental, Health and Safety regulations?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting on behalf of a major rail corporation based in Scotland for an EHS Advisor to lead, mentor and direct the company in ensuring the health & safety of employees is at the forefront of its priorities.
Our client – a heavily invested corporation known for its heavy engineering practises are seeking an EHS Advisor to join their team based in the North of England. You will be responsible for the EHS activities across the company’s facilities, predominantly in South Queensferry and Sheffield.
You will take the lead in assisting the wider operations team in understand their EHS requirements and what this means for their part of the business. This is a critical role in this organisation to ensure accreditations and standards are maintained in accordance to governing bodies as well as the company’s own high measurement of standards.
The role will require regular travel to the clients’ Sheffield sites, which will be reimbursed /expensed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist operations management in understanding related EHS requirements and their impact on operations.
- Manage EHS systems to maintain accreditation to both OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 standards.
- Contribute to the development of an EHS management system
- Conduct internal EHS audits and assist in preparation for external audits and visits
- Identify common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organizations operations and works with Head of EHS or corporate EHS to establish guidelines for protection from those hazards.
- Prepares or reviews EHS training materials for the facility under their scope and/or Performs training that has already been developed and recommends further training requires, based on known hazards and risks within the business.
- Carry out frequent walks of facilities shop floors engaging with employees to improve the safety culture
- Performs self-assessments of safety/health/environmental programs for compliance with company standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions.
- Generating and/or reviewing of reports for environmental and safety agencies.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a wealth of knowledge within Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures. In conjunction with this, you will need to display a flexible and adaptable working attitude, as your role will see you liaising across the board from shop floor staff through to the senior management team. In this respect, you will need to be able to work autonomously and with determination to ensure standards are maintained and upheld in routine audit checks.
- Incumbent needs a breadth of knowledge and experience including EHS regulations, programs and policies
- NEBOSH general certificate with at least 3 years’ experience is required. A technical degree or NEBOSH diploma is highly desired.
- A strong understanding of EHS regulations and corporate standards is essential.
- Strong communication skills are necessary
31st January 2019
Likely Job Titles
Health & Safety Advisor, EHS Manager
- £35,000 - £45,000