Ergonomics Engineer (Derby)
£400 - £500 per day
Are you an Ergonomics Engineer or Human Factors Engineer who can support a Systems Engineering team to review compliance and acceptance of a subcontractors Ergonomics reports? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a thriving digital rail business that is leading the way bringing the UK's rail infrastructure into the 21st century?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment specialists are looking for an Ergonomist to work on a revolutionary project within the digital rail industry.
The aim of this role is to support the Systems Engineering team in assessment of a subcontractor’s work. Dealing with Issue Management, Issue Assessment, Report Reviews, Compliance and Acceptance activities. This offers an exciting opportunity for experienced Ergonomist / Human Factors Engineer to join a rapidly moving, complex software and systems engineering programme delivering new Traffic Management solutions to the UK railways.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting into the Contract Engineering Manager, the main responsibilities of the role holder include, but are not be limited to:
- Be the on-site Ergonomics authority that can sign off on reviews from the Systems teams.
- Liaise with the sub supplier and end customer to make sure that the ergonomics of the project are delivered to the correct standards.
- Support the Systems Engineering Team in assessing the reports from the sub supplier dealing with issue management, issue assessment and compliance reviews.
- Background in Rail Engineering, ideally within Control Rooms
- Degree in Human Factors/ Ergonomics or Member of the Ergonomics Society
- Experience dealing with sub-suppliers and Network Rail