ETCS Systems engineer (Derby)
£35,000 - £90,000 per annum
Are you a Digital Rail Specialist? With excellent knowledge of ETCS? Looking to join a prestigious Rail Consultancy? Where you will have the opportunity to work on major UK and International projects.
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Rail Specialists are looking to recruit a Digital Rail Consultant for their client who has offices based in Derby, London, York, Bristol and Preston.
My Client is looking to appoint a Consultant to join their Digital Rail Team. The Digital rail team provides consultancy services to clients who are seeking to improve the efficiency, capacity, safety, and value-for-money of their railway assets.
My Client achieves this through both the optimization of existing systems and the introduction of modern rail control systems to enable extensive automation. My Client’s capabilities and expertise cover the full spectrum of rail control systems including in-cab, conventional and legacy signalling, automated train control on metro and mainline infrastructure, centralised traffic control centres, and communications and information systems.
- Act as a source of guidance and expertise both to clients and to colleagues, ensuring a proactive approach is taken to resolving issues and identifying and working around constraints, and demonstrating a consistently high standard of delivery
- Support the procurement/bidding through technical leadership
- Develop client feasibility studies to aid business decisions
- Lead technical management of external interfaces
- Developing and optimizing operational interfaces
- Preparing and presenting technical publications
The Ideal Candidate
- Education to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards
- An active member of the appropriate engineering institution(s).
- A strong track-record in Digital Railway technologies particularly ETCS
- An expert understanding of the V-lifecycle, Requirements Engineering & Procurement Specifications
- A wide appreciation of all rail disciplines and competencies
- Proven ability to manage and deliver projects on time and to budget
- £45,000 +