£25,000 - 28,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are working with a London based train operator and one of the most punctual rail companies in the country. They are an ambitious train company who are leading the industry with innovations such as Automatic Delay Repay and Flexi-Season smartcard tickets and are investing this year in an ambitious programme of improvements to the retail customer experience.
What you will do:
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst to join my client’s Finance team at their Head Office in London. In this role you will support the Senior Finance Analyst in the delivery of a financial analysis service comprising budgets, actual results, forecasts. You will assist in providing financial input to the evaluation and development of business cases and provide a financial analysis and business partnering service to budget holders. We require an individual with integrity, who takes pride in what they do with an honest approach, who will embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions.
- To act as the first point of contact for allocated budget holders and to assist in the creation of the periodic P&L.
- To support budget holders in the production of budgets and forecasts. Attend budget and forecast review meetings. To support in the production of reports and analysis involving both budgets and forecasts.
- To use numerous Finance systems to carry out and complete the period end closing process in a timely and efficient manner. This includes posting several journals including accruals and prepayments.
- To work with budget holders in identifying and quantifying financial risks and opportunities. This includes providing an evaluation service in the development of business cases.
- To support the production of period results, commentaries for departmental reports, bridges and analysis. To also assist in the production of any ad-hoc reports requested by Finance or Non-Finance staff
- Either working or about to start working towards a relevant senior professional qualification, ideally CIMA. ACA, ACCA or CIPFA are also acceptable, or able to demonstrate similar relevant experience
- Computer skills including intermediate knowledge and experience of working with Excel and complex accounting systems.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels from Directors to Managers, including non-finance members of staff.
- Possess attention to detail skills and able to work independently or as part of a team. The ability to be proactive will also be a key strength within this role.
- To be able to work in a time pressured environment, meet strict reporting deadlines and deliver a quality service to the business.
- A strong aptitude for learning to continuously develop personally and professionally.
- £25,000 - £35,000