Financial Controller (Derby)
£70,000 - £80,000 per annum with benefits
Are you an experienced Financial Controller looking to escalate your career to Financial Director in your five year career plan?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are supporting our client – a recognised, global, rail solutions provider in the heart of Derby to recruit for a Financial Controller to drive best practice in providing financial governance and support management decision making for sites and major projects.
A position within the company’s senior management has arisen, which calls for an experienced Financial professional to lead and manage the company’s budgeting and forecasting. With an accelerated career plan in place, there is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for career longevity and a chance to make useful contributions to one of rail’s most well known businesses.
Role and Responsibilities
- Budgeting (Overhead costs, manufacturing output, headcount, hours, labour and applied rate etc)
- Forecasting (As above for Quarterly and Monthly estimates)
- Month end closing (Accruals, hours control, functional reporting)
- Monthly Cost Centre reviews ( Costs and Over/under applied)
- Functional Support for MBRs and EAC reviews
- Business Partnering the functions
- Supervising the tasks transferred to Shared Service Centre
- Fix asset management
- Work Package Management
- Support External and Internal audits
- Ensures compliance with BAM
- Period costs
- Ad hoc tasks and special projects
It is imperative for an individual coming in to be a capable and natural leader, you will have demonstrated a career trajectory within the financial domain at a large multi-national company, progressing at an accelerated rate to your current position. This role is for a confident and self-assured candidate who will not shy away in developing and maintaining relationships at senior level.
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in business or finance domain, preferably in a multinational, complex environment. Ability to develop and implement financial strategies.
- Strong management and leadership skills. Ability to provide leadership and guidance on strategy development and operational reporting
- Experience and proven results in project management.
- A strong continuous improvement mind-set .
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationship
- Excellent communication skills
1st October 2020
Likely Job Titles
Head of Finance, Finance Manager, Financial Accountant
- £45,000 +