Firmware Engineer (Edinburgh)
£30,000 - £60,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Firmware Engineer expert looking for a fresh opportunity?
Ford & Stanley - Are recruiting a Firmware Engineer on a permanent basis for a global engineering organisation, who are focused on delivering engineering services. My client specialises in product engineering across industries such as Defence, Hi-Tech and transportation.
Role and Responsibilities
The firmware engineer would be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog
- The firmware engineer would work closely with Systems, Hardware and Software teams to solve integration problems on complex systems.
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL based designs;
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Ensuring configuration management,
- Providing progress reports.
- A degree level or equivalent in a Computing or Science/Mathematics subject or have similar specialist training
- Significant experience of developing real-time embedded safety-critical firmware preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
- Experience of VHDL or Verilog
- Experience of requirements capture and configuration management tools
- A good understanding of configuration management
- The ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the lead engineer/firmware lead
- Hands on test and debugging skills
- Experience of liaising with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Knowledge of AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab and CST Microwave Studio
As this company falls within the defence sector on candidates with British Citizenship are permitted to apply. The successful candidate will ideally come from an electrical engineering background. This position is an urgent requirement for my client and will continue recruiting through the current crisis.
Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
Friday 27th March
- £45,000 +