Firmware Engineer (Edinburgh)
£35 - £50 per hour
Are you a Firmware Engineer, with at least 4 years’ experience in VHDL or System Verilog, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
We’re looking for a Firmware Engineer who would be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog. The Firmware Engineer will work closely with Systems, Hardware and Software teams to solve integration problems on complex systems.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the Aerospace sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL based designs
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Ensuring configuration management,
- Providing progress reports.
Mandatory Skills and Experience required
- A degree level or equivalent in a Computing or Science/Mathematics subject or have similar specialist training
- Significant experience of developing real-time embedded safety-critical firmware preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
- Experience of VHDL or Verilog
- Experience of requirements capture and configuration management tools
- A good understanding of configuration management
- The ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the lead engineer/firmware lead
- Hands on test and debugging skills
- Experience of liaising with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Knowledge of AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab and CST Microwave Studio
- 2:1 or better Electronics Engineering degree or related science
- UK/EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
Possible job titles
Software Engineer, Firmware Developer, Firmware Designer, Design Engineer