Fleet Engineer (London)
£35 - £37 per hour
Are you a fleet engineer looking for the next contract opportunity?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Fleet Engineer for a global consultancy to work on a long-term contract on behalf of one of their prestigious clients.
Our client is a recognised global service provider for a variety of industries is looking for a Fleet Engineer for one of their committed rail clients. Based in London, we are seeking multiple positions for a 4-year maintenance contract.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to resolve performance or maintenance issues and enhance knowledge of the train systems performance
- Support the both the Project and Engineering Manager with a range of engineering, performance and management activities as required in order to meet TSSSA contract obligations
- Monitor, analyse, investigate and develop solutions in a timely manner to resolve technical issues associated with the operation of the fleets
- Accountable for technical, incident or accident investigation and development and implementation of appropriate containment or solutions in order to maintain and improve reliability/performance against targets
- Accountable for measurement of availability, reliability and safety targets as well as claims management and fault attribution as required
- Accountable for provision of written reports and technical information including instructions, analysis, specifications and training material in a timely manner as required, meeting Business obligations
- Ideally educated to degree level and/or HND in an engineering related subject;
- Strong relevant experience in the field of services, Systems Engineering, fault finding and/or attribution
- Rolling stock background
- Significant technical knowledge of schematics and maintenance of systems (e.g. electrical, mechanical, electronical and computer systems) is mandatory;
- Working knowledge of basic IT systems (e.g. MS Office) is obligatory;
- Knowledge of a maintenance management system (SAP, Maximo) is a plus
- Ability to collect and understand data and prepare reports is a must
- Highly independent in your work while also showing good communication and stakeholders management skills, whilst working as part of a team are essential for the job.
9th October 2020
Likely Job Titles
Maintenance Engineer, Fleet Asset Engineer, Project Engineer, Field Maintenance Engineer