Fleet Technical Manager (London)
£50,000 - £65,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Are you a commercially driven engineer with a demonstrable background in technical management within the rail industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have the pleasure of supporting one of the UK’s most prestigious rail leasing companies to recruit an experienced Fleet Technical Manager within rolling stock.
As part of a close-knit structure within the Operations function, your role as a Fleet Technical Manager will ensure you are developing strong relationships with your main customer: the train operators. You will be the main liaison point on engineering and fleet management matters, working closely with internal teams in the business to ensure relationships are handled professionally and successfully.
With a clear focus on quality you will be joining a company that welcomes capable individuals who can hit the ground running and integrate quickly and efficiently into a ready-made team. With big expansions plans in place and the acceptance of new fleets into operational service, your role will be varied and fluid from developing and implementing fleet improvements, enhancing the long-term value as well as significant involvement in big modification projects.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to establish themselves within a well-respected ROSCO in the UK, in turn elevating your skillset and exposure in a heavily invested industry.
London main office + various London depots + UK travel
Role and Responsibilities
- Creating through-life management plans for rolling stock fleets including maintenance optimisation, reliability improvement and obsolescence.
- To provide a structured approach for the identification, prioritisation and mitigation of risks arising in current leases associated with the physical assets.
- To ensure that the asset base continues to deliver performance and flexibility that reflects the changing market to assure long-term profitability.
- To act as the internal customer for fleet projects, and act on behalf of the lessee in ensuring the timely delivery of projects and supporting information.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who has demonstrable engineering experience within the rail sector. It is essential that you can work autonomously and efficiently, developing strong relationships both internally and externally to achieve the consistent high standards the organisation is used to.
Knowledge and prior experience in a technical role will ensure you are able to be a focal point regarding any engineering issues. Alongside this, you would have developed a strong commercial acumen with the ability to influence at stakeholder management level.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience (5-10 years)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards it (strongly desirable)
- Rail industry exposure (strongly desirable)
- Technical background mixed with commercial and financial awareness and understanding.
- Excellent inter-personal and influencing skills.
- Strong oral and written presentation abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Some experience of project management and contract management is an advantage
- The desire to be flexible and work on a variety of projects, from small modifications to major fleet upgrades, including the introduction of new fleets.
10th October 2018
Likely Job Titles
Fleet Manager, Fleet Performance Manager, Senior Fleet Engineer, Senior Project Engineer, Fleet Asset Manager
- £45,000 +