Freight Account Manager (Rugby)
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Car allowance/car, bonus
Are you strong communicator with an ability to relationship-build and make long-lasting connections?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have the pleasure of supporting one of the UK’s most freight operators to recruit an experienced Freight Account Manager.
As part of a close-knit structure within the Rail Services Freight function, your role as an Account Manager requires you to develop and maintain key relationships with the client’s portfolio of contracts.
With a clear focus on quality you will be joining a company that welcomes passionate individuals who can hit the ground running and integrate quickly and efficiently into a ready-made team. You will be responsible for manging cost, profitability and delivery of said contracts with an in-depth focus of the deliverables, costs, risks and value.
This is a great chance for the ideal candidate to further their network and establish themselves within a reputable organisation, who in return will support you with progression opportunities to achieve your career goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Commercial and Financial management for a range of contracts and clients.
- Bid and Contract review as part of both tendering support and dealing with the supply chain.
- Cost modelling and risk reviews as part of tendering support and understanding contract performance.
- Identify and implement cost savings with Planning, Engineering and Operations Managers
- Assist the Commercial Manger with the sales pipelines to ensure opportunities are appropriately managed
- Provide timely and accurate reports on contract full life projection, including reports on un-agreed amounts included in end life forecast.
- Cost management of resources appertaining to responsible contracts e.g. labour, hotels, taxis, fuel & Traction & Rolling Stock leases and hires.
- Work with Commercial to manage cash flow of contracts including cash receivable from clients and payments due to suppliers.
- Evaluate, negotiate and agree contractual claims with Commercial.
- Assist Commercial with tenders, negotiations and manage bid opportunities including ensuring the internal governance requirements are met. Including ‘Go/No go’ mandate form completion.
The ideal candidate will adopt a ‘Get up and go’ attitude of a leader, it is important you have the attitude to inspire and motivate a team as your role within the business is to develop and maintain those key relationships.
In addition, adopting a personable and natural approach is important as you will be relying heavily on your communication skills to achieve successful results. It is imperative to have a strong commercial awareness and business acumen, as part of your role is to understand how to implement improvement solutions for the organisation and its customers.
There is a need to be self-sufficient as you will be working autonomously within the customers’ sites, which means the ability to integrate within a team quickly is key.
- Any transferrable background
- A thorough knowledge of contract delivery and cost control administration.
- Organizational ability with proven communications and motivation skills. Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to express views and explain concepts to clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Good and proven negotiating skills
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to constantly improve standards.
- Ability to explain commercial concepts to others, including non-commercial managers
Likely Job Titles
Key Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Customer Account Manager, Sales Executive
- £45,000 +