General Manager (Cheshire)
£65000 - £70000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced operations manager with a background in freight/logistics to be accountable for the day to day management of front-line staff delivering train services in the UK.
Working within a recognised Rail Freight Operator, our client is seeking an experienced man manager to proactively contribute to the achievement of the UK business strategy and objectives within the organisation.
You will do so by ensuring a consistent approach is adopted to ensure best practice policies/procedures are adhered to ensuring robust operational management and control of the UK Rail operations business.
This is a newly created senior management level position to introduce a new perspective within a workforce to embrace change and innovation. You will have direct influence in shaping the way the company structures their rail division.
Various sites in the Midlands/North (Crewe, Birmingham etc.) must be flexible with working arrangements.
- Operational management
- Financial management
- Health & Safety
- People Management
It is key for an individual coming up to have a strong operations background, preferably within the rail industry or in a logistics/freight environment. You will need to have proactive approach to work and use your own initiative to implement improvements.
This is a challenging position in which you will need strong integrity and morals to support a busy operational team as well as influencing from the top down to instigate key business changes to better the organisation. As such, a strong-willed individual will need to draw upon their past experience to make a success of this position.
- A proven track record of success managing safety critical operations staff in the rail / transferable industry;
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both a strategic and an operational level;
- Ability to build healthy working relationships with business stakeholders while exhibiting independence and objectivity in thought and action;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan own work, work autonomously and on own initiative, and meet deadlines;
- Appreciation of the demands of managing conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements;
- Effective management and delegation with the ability to build trust and motivate a team.
22nd July 2019
Likely Job Titles
Deputy General Manager, Operations Manager, Route Control Manager, Train Manager, Drivers Manager, Senior Production Manager
- £45,000 +