Graduate Engineer (Burton-on-Trent)
£26,000 - £30,000 per annum (plus support with further education)
Are you an engineering Graduate seeking your first role within the industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Graduate Project Engineer for an invested rail organisation based in Burton on Trent.
Our client is a single source of a complete range of specialist skillsets, resources and technologies that seek to improve the country’s railway systems. Due to the continued expansion of the business and the consistent winning of high profile projects, the need for a junior project engineer has arisen to join an expanding team.
This is an exciting position, offering a recent graduate the chance to immerse themselves within the rail industry, gaining in-depth exposure to full project lifecycles and the ability to work autonomously to accelerate your career within rail.
Burton on Trent
Role and Responsibilities
- Work alongside the company’s Project Engineers in the creation of System and Product level documentation; taking input from customer specifications, applicable standard.
- Develop an understanding, interpret and communicate relevant requirements to the design (both internal and sub-contract).
- Define interface documentation, reviewing with all parties, on-going monitoring throughout the life of the project.
- Assist with the generation of Project Documentation for internal use and customer issue.
- Provide support for technical analysis and investigation work, including evaluation and selection of technical options.
- Work alongside customers to overcome technical issues.
- Assisting, planning and executing formal type testing at accredited test houses.
- Liaising between the customer, design teams, contractors and suppliers.
The successful candidate will need to hold an engineering degree preferably within Electrical / Electronics, alongside demonstrable industry experience in the form of a placement / work experience / entry level position in the engineering field. From this you would have developed an enthusiastic and energetic attitude in managing multiple tasks at any given time. Adopting a “can do” attitude as well as the ability to be proactive in learning and adapting to your new environment is imperative to succeed in this position.
- Degree Level Electrical / Electronic Engineering and/or Software Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering (Minimum 2:1)
- 1+ Engineering experience within a project environment
- Product design experience
- Passionate about Engineering (Electrical / Electronic Design, Software Design, System Design and System Integration)
- Highly intelligent with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of all Microsoft packages
- Good verbal and written communications, including ‘Customer Facing’ skills.
- A willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Full UK driving licence
10th October 2018
Likely Job Titles: Graduate Engineer, Junior Project Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000