Hardware Design Engineer (Edinburgh)
Are you a Hardware Design Engineer, with at least 2 years’ experience in AWR Microwave Office / Keysight ADS / Matlab or CST Microwave Studio, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
The hardware engineer would be part of the customer team designing antennae for multiple applications.
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the rail sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Support customer design team involved in RF design and development of both exciters and converter modules
- Support to manufacture
- Support to development tests, calibration and validation
- Technical assessment of system/ sub-system
Mandatory Skills and Experience required:
- Specialising in digital design techniques
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical documentation
- Familiar with current industry standard CAD tools
- Knowledge of AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab and CST Microwave Studio
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience of solving problems in a design and development context
- 2:1 or better Electronics Engineering degree or related science
- Experience in electronics design and development projects preferably in same area
- UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage