Hardware Engineer (Edinburgh)
£30,000 - £70,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Hardware Engineer expert looking for a fresh opportunity?
Ford & Stanley - Are recruiting a Hardware on a permanent basis for a global engineering organisation, who are focused on delivering engineering services. My client specialises in product engineering across industries such as Defence, Hi-Tech and transportation.
Role and Responsibilities
My Client is looking for candidates from a differing backgrounds and abilities and would be open to talking to candidates from the following: general electronics hardware design, mixed signal and high-speed digital designers, power electronics designers, microwave and radar and antenna designers.
- Support customer design team
- Support to manufacture
- Support to development tests, calibration and validation
- Technical assessment of system/ sub-system
- Electronics design in any of the above roles; the high-speed digital designer roles require experience with multi-gigabit interfaces. Mixed signal design includes complex analog and digital sub-systems. Power electronics designers should have both isolated and non-isolated power design experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical documentation
- Familiar with current industry standard CAD tools
- Strong problem solving skills and experience of solving problems in a design and development context
As this company falls within the defence sector on candidates with British Citizenship are permitted to apply. The successful candidate will ideally come from an electrical engineering background. This position is an urgent requirement for my client and will continue recruiting through the current crisis.
Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
Friday 27th March