Head of Operations (London)
£70,000 - £75,000 per annum (final salary pension, bonus and rail travel)
Are you looking for the opportunity to play a vital role in the delivery of a large train/metro plan, being on first named basis with the CEO of a well-established railway franchise in the South of England.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Head of Operations who will be the linchpin between the General Manager and a team of 500+ staff and play a key role in ensuring that business as usual processes are followed to the highest standard, as well as having the gravitas within the business to apply and drive change where they feel it would be beneficial. You will also be a key point of contact with various interfaces/stakeholders, including but not limited to, external bodies and trade unions.
Role and Responsibilities
50% of the role is to manage business as usual operational processes and to ensure that the daily train plans are met safety and effectively by leading the route management team in delivery, customer service, compliance and performance. This will also include improving and maximising availability of vehicles whilst working the various teams such as HR/H&S/Train Drivers.
30% of the role will be strategic and will involve contributing to change in the business, such as policy updates, systems, business processes etc
20% of the role will be stakeholder management and will involve meeting key contacts within the above businesses as well as working with trade unions to iron out any issues, discuss any points which feed into the rest of the operational strategy.
- Come from an operational background in the transportation industry (planes, trains, buses)
- Be used to working in a fast paced environment and be driven, tenacious and be used to change management.
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Have a background dealing with data management in relation to timetable planning/rosters etc.
- Stakeholder management experience ideally at board/director level
- Have a good understanding of the importance of health and safety in a safety critical environment.
30th September 2018
- £45,000 +