Head of Operations (Scunthorpe)
£80,000 - £85,000 per annum (car allowance)
The opportunity is for someone who strives for immaculate project delivery and would like an opportunity to drive culture change within a technology company that is going through a very positive transition period. The role is for a Head of Operations, someone who has proven experience of improving company morale, developing and mentoring teams and is used to managing stakeholders internally and externally ideally at board level.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have partnered have partnered up with a telecommunications business that has recently had some fantastic projects wins in the UK. They have a strong order book and backing from a technology giant which have recently purchased the company provides a great deal of stability and an assurance of growth – there is a positive future ahead and you could be a key driver in our client’s future.
- Provides professional leadership to all operational staff at all levels throughout the company.
- Implements and improves policies, guidelines and procedures regarding departmental structures and processes.
- Implements and monitors relevant KPI’s and ensures respective operations performance; decides countermeasures if needed. Periodic reporting of KPIs to the SMT on routine bases.
- Monitors and manages functional budgets, investments, and resources, according to the Business plan agreed.
- Ensures and coordinates all Engineering Deliverables from Pre Sales Support, Design, Project Engineering Project Delivery, Assurance or handover and ensures resources are assigned for projects and requests and for all customers in a region served. (Disciplines across technology sectors or services)
- Responsible for the delivery of Projects, management of resource and achieving project margins
- Manages a strategic procurement team developing key strategic relationships and driving enhanced value for the business by.
- time delivery KPIs, health and safety and quality.
- The ability to set the strategy in line with business requirements and show strong leadership capabilities
- Strong capacity to manage people and implement a process-oriented culture
- Excellent know how in operational processes providing contributions, which “makes the difference”
- Effective management of complex projects (i.e. cross-functional, international and/or of strategically relevant), including effective resource allocation within assigned projects
- The ability to evaluate, judge and decide on alternative options effectively.
- Development of strong networks with technological or scientific experts, inside and outside the company
- The ability to contribute a dedicated team of experts effectively (if applicable)
- The skill sets to be able to drive the business in Coaching and Mentoring environment
Possible job titles
Programme Manager, Delivery Manager, Project Director, Head of Ops, Operations Manager
9th November 2018
- £45,000 +