Heavy Plant Technician (Warwick)
£15 - £19 per hour
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting experienced technicians/service engineer from an agricultural or heavy plant machinery background for an exciting career change.
Our client is an international consultancy who are looking for technicians from a number of industries to utilise their knowledge and to re-train as technical authors. You will be responsible for creating and updating a number of technical documentations that will be printed in books and put onto digital formats.
My Client believes and implements the Scandinavian way of work and is extremely people focused. They offer flexible working arrangements and will develop your skill set to make you an expert in your field.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gather, collate and interpret information and communicate at a professional level with key internal and customer stakeholders including vehicle engineering and brand personnel
- Utilise a suite of structured authoring tools and guidelines, interpret technical specifications to create customer-focussed publications
- Utilise CAD data and software tools
- Author text, simplifying complex systems into structured and understandable content
- Create concise graphic briefs for Technical Illustrators
- Manage vehicle validation workshops in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Work to tight deadlines
- Work under your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Proofread documentation ensuring all deliverables meet the required standards
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience within a heavy machinery service role. I am looking for a candidate who knows how machines work, you will be able to utilise this knowledge to create a wide range of documentation, that include operator guides to technical training courses.
You will either be an experienced Technical Trainer, heavy plant technician or service engineer with over 3 years’ experience.
You will be a self-starter and have to ability to work as part of a team and as an individual
21st September 2018
Likely Job Titles
Technical Trainer, Heavy Plant Technician, Service Engineer