HR Officer (Stockport)
£28,000 - £32,000
Ford & Stanley – The Engineering Recruitment Specialists are looking for an experienced HR Officer to join a leading reputable organisation, who are known for providing effective, safe, secure and reliable services into the Rail infrastructure and other industries.
You will have the opportunity to work for a global company where no two weeks are the same and each year the business is growing.
This role will involve assisting the Head of HR by proactively providing a professional HR service to their projects. The main areas of support will be employee relations, generalist HR support to managers and ensuring all HR strategies and business performances are aligned.
- Support and assist with the day to day implementation of key HR services to the business, ensuring that all HR processes and practices are aligned to wider HR strategy, policies and programmes and support business objectives.
- Coach, support and mentor managers in the application of HR policies and practices to meet current and future business needs.
- Ensure that managers and employees are aware, equipped and skilled to implement governing policies, employment law, best practice and precedent.
- Provide HR advice and guidance to the business regarding all HR queries, including support on sickness absence, disciplinary, grievance, maternity and paternity and recruitment.
- To support the Head of HR with all aspects of employee relations e.g. disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence, performance, managing attendance.
- Accurately administer data and update personnel records into HR database where required.
- To support managers through the recruitment and on-boarding process.
- Support other HR activities as required and carry out other duties that may be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced HR Officer who has previously provided operational support in a challenging and commercially aware environment. In addition to this you will have good working knowledge of employee relation matters.
- A willingness to travel regularly to other UK offices is essential.
- Degree educated – ideally in HR or working towards CIPD
- HR generalist, training & recruitment experience
- Up to date on UK employment legalisation
- Able to work in a changing environment at fast pace
- Demonstrable track record of successful delivery of generalist HR advice in a complex and customer focused environment
- Passionate about HR
- Proactive problem solver
13th March 2020
HR Advisor, HR Assistant, HR Coordinator
- £25,000 - £35,000