HSE Advisor (Leeds)
£280 - £330 per day
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working closely with one of the Train Operating Companies who due to an increase in workforce are in need of a HSE Advisor to drive a shift in cultural thinking around Health and Safety on a busy train maintenance depot.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist depot management in understanding related HSE requirements and their impact on operations.
- Identify common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the depot and work with the HSE manager to establish new processes and procedures to protect against those hazards.
- Perform incident investigations and ensure all documentation is filled out correctly
- Completes HSE reports to present to the depot management teams.
- Identify and implement new, innovative procedures and processes to improve the safety culture within the depot.
Coming from a background in heavy engineering such as rail, construction, aerospace or automotive etc, you will be comfortable working hands on in an old and busy train maintenance depot and have an appreciation on the risks of a safety critical industry. You will be enthusiastic and keen to make a change to a large and busy depot. The HSE Manager is looking for someone that can bring a new perspective to the business and is happy to introduce new ideas to the depot.
- Carried out a similar role within heavy engineering (ideally Rail)
- Demonstrable experience in delivering HSE behavioural and cultural change
- IT skills – MS suite
- Able to present statistics and ideas to management
- Flexible around working hours
- Enthusiastic and able to hit the ground running