Human Factors Consultant (Derby)
£40,000 per annum
*Various UK Locations*
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Human Factors Graduate with 2+ years’ experience to join a leading consultancy in expanding and honing in their skillset within this specialist field.
Our client – a global rail consultancy is renowned for their expertise within rolling stock. Due to increased expansion there is a requirement for a Human Factors Consultant to help populate and support the rail division of the business. You will become integral members of a team that works across the UK and the international rail industry to influence the railways and trains of tomorrow.
As a Consultant in the Human Factors team, you will be responsible for delivering high quality consultancy services to a broad client base. This is an opportunity to allow you to work with industry leaders in a specialist area of Rail, as well as encouraging you to develop and retain new skills to enhance your railway career.
Various across UK, Derby, Bristol, London
Role and Responsibilities
- This human factors consultant will support delivery of projects across a range of rail areas including operations, rolling stock design, civils’ work and assurance. The work will focus on the breadth of opportunities within the rail industry but also capitalise on Ricardo’s service offering in other automotive transportation and environment sectors.
- As a leading consultant you will work on the delivery of projects providing expert advice to clients and colleagues, as required.
- The job will require knowledge of appropriate human factors methods, legislation and governing documents to ensure our clients are supported with managing the risk to safety and operations.
- Work with clients and Ricardo personnel to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
- As part of a team, deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget.
- Undertake projects and deliver work-streams, taking direction from the Project Manager when required.
- Support delivery of proposals, identifying potential risks, devising the approach, specifying clear acceptance criteria, resourcing and costs.
Our client is seeking a graduate in Human Factors/Ergonomics who has some demonstrable industry experience, preferably within the rail industry. You will be a driven and motivated individual who is looking to pursue a career within Human Factors.
It is imperative that you are able to adapt quickly and have a desire to learn from senior individuals within the business to reach your full potential.
Degree qualification in Human Factors/ergonomics
- Working with key clients in the rail industry
- Minimum 2 years working within the rail sector
- Application of human factors techniques during design, implementation and in-service projects
- Conversant with relevant UK rail industry governance documents and best practice
- The following experience would be desirable:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills
- Application of human factors techniques in rolling stock design
- Demonstration of professional excellence through the publication of papers and/or delivery of work at conferences would be desirable
Likely Job Titles
- £35,000 - £45,000