IT Delivery Manager (Birmingham)
£400 - £600 per day
Are you a IT Delivery Manager / Senior Project Manager, with at least 5 years’ experience in managing software and infrastructure IT projects, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are currently working with the company responsible for developing, delivering and promoting the most demanding and exciting transport project in Europe with an estimated project cost of £56 billion.
Once fully completed, around 345 miles of new high-speed track will connect the city centres of London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds.
This role will involve managing delivery of a Track of projects, or a diverse range of small and medium-scale software and infrastructure IT projects and non-IT projects, based on a portfolio of prioritised business need, as part of the IT Delivery Team, ensuring delivery of value including all supporting business change and transition to operational service.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the rail sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Manage IT delivery in accordance with agreed our client and IT standards
- Closely manage delivery to ensure effective co-ordination with stakeholders, the project team and suppliers
- Identify, resolve and escalate risks, issues and concerns promptly and effectively
- Ensures that projects are completed within planned cost, timescale and quality parameters
- Ensuring the delivery team have the right working environment and the tools they need to deliver value based on what users’ need
- Keeping track of and communicate the team’s progress and project status regularly and at the appropriate level
- You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Be a creative and effective planner – both internal and external to the team – optimising speed to market, value and quality
- Be adept at spotting project risks and blockers to work at removing or actioning them
- Provide leadership to the Delivery team
- Be well versed in different project frameworks, tools and techniques, both agile and waterfall, and know when to apply the appropriate one
- Experience of delivering IT projects in a range of environments and sectors, covering project inception to completion
- Knowledge and experience of effective deployment of resources in a dynamic multi-project environment.
- Track record of working on high profile, public sector or transport initiatives
Likely Job Titles
- IT Delivery Manager, Programme Manager, IT Project Manager, Senior IT Project Manager
Friday 4th January 2019