IT Field Engineer (Derby)
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you an IT Field Service Engineer? With strong knowledge and experience with fibre, copper and Wi-Fi Connectivity? Enjoy working on a variety of different projects? and excited by working with one of the largest technology companies in the world?
Ford and Stanley – The Digital Rail Specialists are looking to recruit a Field Based Engineer for a Prestigious UK Client.
Due to continued growth and success, my client is looking to recruit a Field Network Engineer. You will be responsible for the installation and testing of Routers and Switches on major projects across the UK. All travel and accommodation will be covered by my client.
Key Responsibilities and Knowledge Requirements
- Obtain information from property and various sources within the business to enable the completion of high-level designs, these designs enabled the project to engage with IT enabling companies re DCI implementation
- Managing the administration required to deliver documentation to the Project Manager, BAU Team and relevant to ensure continuity.
- Diary Management to ensure availability is manged across a 7-day working week for installs.
- Coordinating project specific deliverable's as instructed by the DCI PM, IT Programme Manager or Network Infrastructure PM.
- Pre-advise stakeholders, EG, Property department, station managers, front line staff of up and coming station visits and the need for these visits.
- Be available to be on site or in HQ to manage the connection to our Network, ensure its working, and troubleshoot any problems as they arise with each situation/screen/IT enabled equipment and switch or cabinet install.
- Work with any 3rd party suppliers completing enabling works. EG Vodafone / BT Open-Reach
- Complete documentation change control and work in conjunction with the property department in accordance with RAMS provided.
- Ensure the station and / or locations is fully functional after any changes or installs and signed off by the appropriate manager & preparing a wide range of enabling and handover documentation including operational documentation to ensure the BAU team have a clearly documented Network topology to manage after the install
- Clearly list and describe the skills, training and qualifications required. Only specify type (not length) of experience required if relevant.
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in a Network support or IT infrastructure project environment.
- Education to A-level standard (or equivalent), with a min 5 GCSEs to include Maths, English and ICT. Any IT qualification beyond GCSE (or equivalent).
- Proven technical ability supporting and implementing enterprise networking technologies.
- Wireless Network technology and management.
- Knowledge of AV equipment.
- Any experience with remote working environments using Fibre, copper, Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Providing support for the service transition BAU and Project teams.
- An openness to work collaboratively and to contribute to the delivery of a major project delivery – deadline End April 2021.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Full UK driver’s license as the role may require you to travel between stations or travel on the rail network (likely) but out of hours may require alternative transport.
- A technical network mind-set and the desire to work in a fast pace environment that proactively seeks out solutions in line with BAU IT protocols.
- Excellent time-management skills; the ability to balance additional issues and problems as they arise against a set delivery plan and organise themselves across a 7-day working.
- Moderate physical fitness: part of the job may involve moving and installing cabinets, moving furniture to get to comms cabinets etc (training given if necessary).
- £25,000 - £35,000