IT Field Engineer (York)
£160 - £180 per day
Are you an IT Field Service Engineer? With strong knowledge and experience with fibre, copper and Wi-Fi Connectivity? Enjoy working on a variety of different projects? and excited by working with one of the largest technology companies in the world?
Ford and Stanley - The Digital Rail Specialists are looking to recruit a Field Based Engineer for a Prestigious UK Client.
Due to continued growth and success, my client is looking to recruit a Field Network Engineer. You will be responsible for the installation and testing of Routers and Switches on major projects across the UK.
Key Responsibilities and Knowledge Requirements
- Obtain information from property and various sources within the business to enable the completion of high-level designs, these designs enabled the project to engage with IT enabling companies re DCI implementation
- Managing the administration required to deliver documentation to the Project Manager, BAU Team and relevant to ensure continuity.
- Diary Management to ensure availability is manged across a 7-day working week for installs.
- Coordinating project specific deliverables as instructed by the DCI PM, IT Programme Manager or Network Infrastructure PM.
- Pre-advise stakeholders, EG, Property department, station managers, front line staff of up and coming station visits and the need for these visits.
- Be available to be on site or in HQ to manage the connection to our Network, ensure its working, and troubleshoot any problems as they arise with each situation/screen/IT enabled equipment and switch or cabinet install.
- Work with any 3rd party suppliers completing enabling works.EG Vodafone / BT Open-Reach
- Complete documentation change control and work in conjunction with the property department in accordance with RAMS provided.
- Ensure the station and / or locations is fully functional after any changes or installs and signed off by the appropriate manager & preparing a wide range of enabling and handover documentation including operational documentation to ensure the BAU team have a clearly documented Network topology to manage after the install
- Clearly list and describe the skills, training and qualifications required. Only specify type (not length) of experience required if relevant.
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in a Network support or IT infrastructure project environment.
- Education to A-level standard (or equivalent), with a min 5 GCSEs to include Maths, English and ICT. Any IT qualification beyond GCSE (or equivalent).
- Proven technical ability supporting and implementing enterprise networking technologies.
- Wireless Network technology and management.
- Knowledge of AV equipment.
- Any experience with remote working environments using Fibre, copper, Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Providing support for the service transition BAU and Project teams.
- An openness to work collaboratively and to contribute to the delivery of a major project delivery - deadline End April 2021.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Full UK driver's license as the role may require you to travel between stations or travel on the rail network (likely) but out of hours may require alternative transport.
- A technical network mind-set and the desire to work in a fast pace environment that proactively seeks out solutions in line with BAU IT protocols.
- Excellent time-management skills; the ability to balance additional issues and problems as they arise against a set delivery plan and organise themselves across a 7-day working.
- Moderate physical fitness: part of the job may involve moving and installing cabinets, moving furniture to get to comms cabinets etc (training given if necessary).