IT Project Manager (Derby)
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you a technical-minded project manager with a good understanding of data migration and a great track record of successfully delivering projects?
Ford & Stanley: Are looking to recruit an IT Project Manager to take hold of a portfolio of exciting, transportation projects. You will be required to create and maintain all relevant Project plans and effectively steer through to end delivery. You will be the interface and conduit between IT, the business user community and all external stakeholders.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Project stakeholders are furnished with the appropriate level of engagement to meet and surpass their need.
- Influence Project stakeholders and Team Members to encourage active support and mitigate resistance to Project objectives.
- Balance Project constraints of time, cost, quality and scope with the ambitions of project stakeholders. Negotiate with Operational leads to ensure that Projects are appropriately resourced and negotiate solutions to conflicts, particularly with supplier partners.
- Manage conflicts between stakeholders, project delivery representatives ensuring that Project objectives are protected
- Promote project objectives, encourage positive relationships, support effective team work, raise morale and empower and inspire individual Project Team members
- Proven experience of delivering IT change in a complex business environment.
- Good general knowledge of the Railway or similar transport industry.
- Demonstrable experience of developing cogent and compelling business cases and budgets.
- Strong service orientation, with a flexible can-do approach.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as well as being able to communicate at all levels within a large complex environment.
- Communicating with business colleagues in a language style they are comfortable with avoiding unfamiliar terms and reference
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project or Primavera project management software
- Prince2 or APM Qualified is highly desirable
- Excellent full project cycle management
- Technical Background
- Proven Software Team leadership skills
- 5 year+ Project Management in a Technical Environment
Please don’t hesitate to get in contact if you feel you meet the majority of these requirements.
- £35,000 - £45,000