IT Service Delivery Manager - Fixed-Term (Derby)
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Are you an energetic and driven candidate that is able to coordinate tasks while offering great end user experience?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Experts are currently looking for an IT Service Delivery Manager for a on a fixed term contract.
The key focus of the role will be managing a team of Service Delivery Support Engineers to provide effective IT 1st and 2nd line end user support, prioritise tasks, develop long terms plans, get involved with budgets, evaluate risks and drive forward the Service Delivery Strategy.
This position is critical in ensuring our client provides the levels of IT service to all their staff so they can perform their daily jobs using up to date, standard, secure IT equipment (PCs, laptops, mobile devices, systems, applications). This position requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
- Creation of a Service Delivery strategy aligned to the overall IT direction, with responsibility for planning and managing the Service Delivery resources to deliver the strategy and maintain the environment
- Creation of IT Service Delivery budget, providing input specifically for End User hardware/software/consumables and systems
- Create a Service Delivery Roadmap in line with the strategy to continually improve the end user environment, identifying required upgrades, replacements, renewals within the environment and drive this roadmap to ensure the environment is kept up to date.
- It is the role of the Service Delivery manager to manage the team effectively, setting team direction/strategy, creating team plans, managing team performance against these plans, recruitment where required.
- Ensure the team is customer focused providing excellent end user support through being approachable and responsive in resolving any IT related incidents/faults quickly and efficiently through the IT Service Desk and according to defined SLAs.
- Manage and promote use of the IT Service Desk tool across the business, working with the internal communications team to ensure IT communication channels are understood
- Ensure the team efficiently manages all IT end user compute assets throughout their life-cycle, ensuring contracts are in place, devices are supported, vendors are managed.
- Create, maintain and report regularly to the Head of IT a Service Delivery Dashboard, showing the overall condition of the services and systems provided by the team, highlighting issues and creating plans for improvements, ensuring actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Manage support engineers making sure end user and internal procedural support documentation are created where identified or requested by management
- Work with the Infosec manager to ensure the end user computer environment is up to date, secure and compliant with required standards
- Support project managers to create Service Delivery implementation planning, perform system testing and implement new systems/upgrades to meet business requirements.
- Manage and liaise with suppliers to arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house, ensuring escalation up the IT management chain.
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Problem Management / Escalation processes, ensuring procedures are in place, high levels of performance are achieved within these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Be the technical escalation point for the Service Delivery team at all times and be available for out of hours on call escalation
- Experienced Service Management professional with a passion for Service Improvement
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Qualified/Experience in ITILV3
- Aware of ISO standards 27001, 27701, audit & compliance standards, GDPR and security protocols
- Proven experience in managing IT Service Delivery team and environment, with strong technical background.
- Proven delivery of complex technical change (2000+ employees) in UK wide digital transformation projects covering office re locations, end user compute upgrades.
- IT background with expertise in Microsoft based Operating Systems, Microsoft Office tools, end user device hardware, Service Desk management tools and good understanding of concepts within VMWare , Citrix, MDM’s products.
- Proven experience of delivering IT change in a complex business environment.
- Good general knowledge of the Railway or similar transport industry.
- Demonstrable experience of developing cogent and compelling business cases and budgets.
16th October 2020
- £45,000 +