Junior Buyer (Sandiacre)
£20,000 - £28,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Engineering Recruitment Specialists are looking for a Junior Buyer/Assistant Buyer with commercial acumen preferably from an engineering or manufacturing background, who is ready to take the next step in their career. You will be responsible for developing lifelong customer relationships with major customers across Europe for our client, who are one of the largest providers of infrastructure and rolling stock technologies globally.
You will have the opportunity to work for a company who manufacture innovative technologies to meet stringent customer requirements to maintain its renowned high performance in the rail sector. You will be a part of the continued global growth by playing an integral member of supporting and growing our client’s customer database.
Sandiacre, Nottingham, Derby.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be supporting the Business Trade Manager and Commercial Manager in their trading activities in Europe and the UK.
- You will be responsible for service contracts.
- Ensure scrap metal shipments are in line with contractual arrangements.
- Oversee the scheduling of orders and delivery of materials to customers.
- Maintain relationships across our client's customer base through face to face contact.
- This position will require significant travel, both domestic & international.
- At least 2 year’s experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of buying & selling cultures and transportation of materials.
- Basic knowledge of contracts
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in more than one language would be desirable
- Must be able to travel to clients across Europe when needed.
- £25,000 - £35,000