Junior Commercial Manager (Coulsdon)
£28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Are you a quantity surveyor, site manager or electrician who is interested in training to become a commercial manager earning up to 60K in 3 to 5 years?
This is an opportunity for an individual who has 3 to 4 year’s experience working in a construction environment and has been exposed to commercial consideration. You will require an insight of the effects of delaying project deliveries and how this can affect profitability. You will be working for a trail blazing, multi-million-pound Rail business supporting the commercial manager on a 26-million-pound project. Meaning, you are able grow your expertise in contract negotiation, stakeholder management, commercial reporting and contract administration.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be the customers commercial interface by building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Implement policies and procedures to improve any sub- standard customer satisfaction and prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure the project is delivered in accordance with the contracts by identifying our responsibilities and obligations and all the project team fully understand.
- Lead discussions with customers to minimise our commercial exposure and maximise our recovery of revenue.
- Draft commercial correspondence with references to clauses, and justifications to support our position.
- Ensure all contracts and final accounts are produced and agreed within tight timescales.
- Work with the commercial manager to regularly check the procedures are in place to capture variations, claims and compensation events.
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in a construction environment
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software
- Have competent numerical skills
- Must have a clear understanding about challenges that can come up during projects and how to deal with them effectively.
- Degree in Quantity surveyor or commercial management
Likely Job Titles
Quantity surveyor, Site manager, Electrician, Brick layer, site supervisor, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Junior Quantity Surveyor, Project Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Commercial Manager, Assistant site manager, Electrical service engineer, Labourer.
- £25,000 - £35,000