Key Account Manager - Rolling stock (Scunthorpe)
£40,000 - £47,000 per annum (company car and bonus)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with one of our UK rail clients who have been acquired by the world’s leading technology business with big ambitions to secure a foothold in the UK rail advance technologies space.
Our client is looking to strengthen it's sales team with the appointment of a Key Account Manager to specifically target the TOC sector. You will be required to manage existing and develop new accounts, generating reoccurring revenue.
Scunthorpe – with the ability to work remotely.
Role and Responsibilities
- Spending time at both the depot and head offices of the accounts to be managed.
- Developing relationships and determine opportunities.
- Supporting the bids team when suitable opportunities arise.
- Using CRM systems to capture the opportunities, ensuring accurate forecasting and business planning.
Candidates should have a solid understanding of the TOC market and ideally previous experience within Traction and Rolling stock. There will be an expectation for candidates to engage at multiple levels within the client’s business, from depot engineering and workshop staff to procurement and commercial.
- Relevant University Degree or equivalent practical and vocational knowledge and experience
- Over 5 years of relevant sales experience
- Experience in the field of Rail Markets
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including the ability to develop and deliver power-point presentations
- Experience in business and account development in B2B is essential
- Full UK driving license
- Very strong communication and negotiation skills, hunter mentality
- Excellent understanding of Rail TOC markets
- Travel as required by the business to carry out the requirements of the role.
16th November 2018
Likely Job Titles
Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Account Manager, Relationship Manager
- £45,000 +