Lead Design Engineer (Buckinghamshire)
£35 - £50 per hour
Are you a Lead Design Engineer, with at least 4 years’ experience with Rotative and/or S&T who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the aerospace and defence sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Taking ownership of Design Solution as lead designer and progressing Presenting design solutions at departmental Design Review gates.
- Creation of engineering solutions to problem investigations and performing engineering calculations.
- Using CAD tools to create Design and Analysis 3D models and Design Scheme drawings.
- Writing technical reports/document such as Design Definition Reports, Communications sheets, ECM, Interface Definition Documents (IDDs).
- Conducting DFMEA, risk analysis, and FVRA. Following Robust Design methodology.
- IDD creation, checking, obtaining approval Internally, Sub-system team etc.
- Population of design solution in PDM which typically includes creation of part numbers, populating solution BoM, assigning materials and quality standards, progressing solution through product lifecycle.
- Creation of Design Folder documentation in Teamcenter as per Best Practices, ensuring all documents are correctly filed and published for auditing.
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis of component issues/failures that relate to safety and/or reliability issues in service.
- Design assessment of product manufacturing non-conformances
- Design Integration of commodity design projects and act as focal point to facilitate technical agreements, communications, and information exchange
- Representing at Project/DDRAM/TR/Chief Engineer’s meetings. Writing and issuing meeting minutes.
- Providing general technical/non-technical support to colleagues.
- Checking emails and various technical documents (e.g. Communication sheet, Stress report, DDISs) before final submission.
- Experience from within Rotatives and/ or S&T is preferable
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus - Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
- Organisational Agility
- Problem solving ability
- Logical Thinking
- Effective Time management
Likely Job Titles
Senior Design Engineer, Design Manager, Design Engineer Lead
21st September 2018