Lead ElectroMechanical Engineer (Derby)
£30 - £32 per hour (negotiable)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an electromechanical engineer to provide support into one of the UK’s op Rolling Stock Manufacturers on a variety of new build projects.
Working for a Global engineering consultancy with offices in Asia, Europe and America you will be seconded into one of the top Rolling Stock Manufacturers to support on new build projects from an electromechanical design perspective.
6-12 month initial contract, Derby based. Up to £32/hour – over 40 – 50 hours per week.
Role and Responsibilities
- Study package of work requirements and produce estimates for the cost of work
- Organise and lead work package reviews for each specific project
- Organise design and verification reviews with internal technical reviews
- Conduct internal “peer review” quality checks within the internal tea.
- Build training materials and work instructions based on the work packages and projects executed
- Experience of Harness design, and routing for Rolling Stock Interiors
- Ability to create Manufacturing drawings for electrical cabinets
- Knowledge of electrical systems and components such as cable trays, contractors, relays and miniature circuit breakers,
- Ability to detail sub systems, components and mechanical sub-modules as per manufacturing and assembly concepts.
- Good drawing and electrical layout/schematic reading skills.
- Hands on experience of CATIA V5 (EHI modules) and PLM platform to create 3D model and 2D drawings and product structure.
- Knowledge of Rail Group Standards for various regions such as EN, DB and IEC.
- Good Communication (Oral & Written English)
- Customer focussed – ability to develop interpersonal relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- Problem solving, logical and results driven.
- Organised with effective time management.
Likely Job Titles
Electrical harness Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Harness Designer