Lead Engineer - Mechanical Systems (Chesterfield)
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
The opportunity is for a Rolling Stock Expert to be the Lead Engineer for a small but quickly growing cutting edge SME that are a designer, manufacturer and installer of niche equipment that is integral for trains to safely travel.
You will be the go to person when it comes to design reviews, working with clients (stakeholder management) and driving the approval processes of our client’s products.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have partnered up with a local company with a very strong order book, a great reputation in the industry but are still considered as a sleeping giant in the market, but with their new product ranges they are quickly becoming noticed by other manufacturers, TOCs and consultancies in the UK.
The Lead Engineer will report to the Engineering Director and will undertake design, manufacture, installation, assurance for both new products and product improvement of existing products.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Knowledge of Design/Drawing/CAD review (CAD ability/experience an advantage)
- Experience of Creating and managing Bills of Material
- Working with suppliers, technical partners and consultants and customers
- Authoring factory assembly and depot installation/modification procedures
- Risk Assessment/FMEA and CSM-RA
- Rolling stock manufacture and/or modification
- Approvals process and Industry standards
- Vehicle Operator and Owner engineering change process
- BEng (or extensive rolling stock engineering experience in lieu)
- Significant rolling stock engineering experience
- Familiarity with maintenance depot operation and constraints
- Flexibility & a dynamic, self-motivating, approach to work
- Experience of sanders and/or operational issues associated with leaf fall and low adhesion
Possible job titles
Rolling Stock Engineer, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer, Rolling Stock Systems Engineer
9th November 2018
- £45,000 +