Learning & Development Manager (Walsall)
£60,000 - £70,000
Are you passionate about helping people to learn & grow?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting are looking for an L&D Manager who is able to shape L&D strategy to meet the business needs.
- You will have the opportunity to work for an established civil engineering & infrastructure specialist who work as part of large frameworks, joint ventures, alliances & individual projects.
- This position will be a stand-alone role where you will be responsible for leading and implementing the L&D strategy in line with high performance ambitions at every level throughout the business.
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders will be vital as this will be an opportunity for you to encourage and promote a sustainable learning culture.
- If you enjoy thinking out of the box, working with teams & delivering L&D projects then this is the right role for you.
Walsall or St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Leading on the design and implementation of our L&D strategy in line with our client’s High-Performance Culture ambitions.
- Lead the succession planning and talent management processes by coaching and advising managers at all levels.
- Identify future competency and skill requirements for all departments and prioritise L&D to meet business needs and demands.
- Design creative, engaging and fun L&D programmes to increase our workforce capabilities and strengthen our employer brand.
- Undertake learning needs analysis in collaboration with our key stakeholders to ensure the right L&D requirements are identified.
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders to actively encourage colleagues to be the best they can be.
- Ensure development targets and objectives are set and met.
- Providing coaching and insight at all levels including site-based operatives up to board level to motivate and enhance performance in order to improve retention, encourage internal promotions and drive engagement.
The successful candidate must hold a relevant L&D and coaching qualification (minimum level 5 CIPD/ILM). You must also have experience in either learning & development, leadership development, talent management (or a combination) in the construction / civil engineering industries.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must hold a learning & development and coaching qualification (CIPD or ILM level 5 minimum)
- A self-motivator, someone who is ready for a challenge
- Must have up to date L&D knowledge
- Experience of managing L&D projects including customer / stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Willingness to travel nationwide
6th Feb 2020
Likely Job Titles
L&D Specialist, L&D Manager, Learning & Development Specialist, L&D Leader, Development Manager,
- £45,000 +