Maintenance Fitter (Derby)
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Maintenance Fitter who is looking for the chance to work for a recognized pioneer in providing maintenance and equipment for the railroad industry?
We have a fantastic opportunity in the Derby for an experienced Maintenance Fitter who has experience in working in the automotive, Plant or Agriculture industries, looking to take a step in the rail industry.
We at Ford & Stanley - The Technical Recruitment Specialists are currently seeking to speak to Maintenance Fitters around the derby area, who will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repairs on a variety of Railroad Maintenance equipment.
Is this you?
You will have the opportunity to work for a company that is a leading company in the transportation industry offering exceptional capabilities and expertise.
You will have a wonderful opportunity to become part of an organisation that has been operating within the rail industry for many years and believe in providing a leading service.
This role would suit somebody who has several year’s experience working as Maintenance Fitter who has an excellent understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Night shifts 22:00 – 6:00 pm
Your key responsibilities
- Report any defects found on the machines & carry out repairs within required competency levels for the role.
- Undertake maintenance activities in accordance with the vehicle maintenance instructions.
- Manage VMI schedules and machine repairs using Network Rails Fleet Asset Management Systems.
- Assist support technicians with any required tasks.
- Carry out planned maintenance duties in line with company policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Ensure the working environment is maintained.
- Inform managers of any issues/problems in a timely manner, which are outside your remit of control.
- Operate machine equipment on-site as required by the planned work.
- Liaise with customers and contractors when required.
- Ensure all machine defects are reported and rectified.
- Manage machine stock levels.
- You will have at least 2 year’s experience working as Mechanical Fitter
- At least qualified to an NVQ Level 2 in Mechanical or Electrical or in Maintenance engineering.
- IT literate and knowledge of Microsoft Systems.
- £35,000 - £45,000