Manufacturing Engineer (Bristol)
£28 - £35 per hour
Are you a Manufacturing Engineer working within a regulated environment, with at least 4 years’ experience in heavy engineering, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6 month contract working in the Aerospace sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12 month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Technical and programme responsibility for a number of different projects. The varied nature of technical projects undertaken will mean the ability to assimilate technical information and manage projects in an area of non-expertise is essential.
- Management of data and stakeholders to create Capital Scheme documents and progress them to signature approval.
- Processing Capital schemes with procurement teams to the issue of Purchase Order.
- Review formal OEM responses against the SOR for compliance and lead the technical supplier de-selection obtaining stakeholder approvals.
- Be accountable for reporting project progress to all levels within the business through 4 box and other methodologies.
- Demonstrate effective application of optimum manning in a work environment to carry out an improvement activity to minimise waste in a process and/or method of manufacture
- Complete an Improvement Activity that demonstrates application of Equipment Improvement tools to increase reliability and availability.
- Use specific Virtual Manufacturing analysis tools and resources to be applied at the appropriate time to support Safety, Quality, Productivity improvements as required
- Create and update work elements in Computer Aided Process Planning (CAPP - or similar) system ensuring capacity/utilisation statements are maintained and aligned with load/capacity planning processes
- Leading productivity and equipment improvement activity within a facility
- Author final recommendation report and support in creation of key specifications for CAPEX and monitor measures to assess the impact
Competencies / Skills
- Strong Programme Management skills/experience.
- CAD Tools (NX), ERP System (SAP), CAPP, MES (Solumina)
- Previous experience of writing and creating detailed technical instruction packs for structured process for a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working as a Manufacturing Engineer within a regulated environment.
- Leading capability acquisition projects. Ideally managing: investment casting/machining/casting or foundry process.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt would be advantageous.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Processes & practices, Method of manufacture, Work study and Time study.
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, CAPP, Manufacturing Execution System, PDM, SAP) and plant layout (Product, Process & Cellular) relevant to the business.
- Have the ability to manage complex projects with multiple cross-functional interfaces.