Mechanical Design Engineer (Burton-On-Trent)
£26,000 - £30,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a self-motivated, customer focused Mechanical Design Engineer.
The focus of this role is to work with the Engineering team to design new products and reverse engineered components across the full spectrum of our Clients product range. This role will suite an individual who enjoys variety and working in a team environment to achieve the desired outcome.
Location(s): Barton under Needwood, Staffordshire.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design using Solidworks 3D CAD software new products and components across the business and modify existing drawings ensuring compliance with the relevant specifications and standards
- The design of reverse engineered or obsolete components
- Undertake FEA (Finite Element Analysis) and structural calculations of existing and new designs
- Controlling the drawing register in liaison with the Technical Administrator
- Modify and redraw manufacturing drawings incorporating new standards and tolerances where applicable
- Write Engineering reports and amend documentation
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to solve any Engineering problems
To succeed in this role, you will have 2 or more years’ experience using Solidworks. You will be a self-motivated mechanical engineer with good project solving skills and the ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- 2 or more years’ experience using Solidworks 3D CAD Design Software
- HNC or HND or a Degree in an engineering subject
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good technical knowledge
- Ability to manage projects
- Good communication and presentation skills
Experience in the Rail industry in a similar role
Friday 31st August
Likely Job Titles
Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer.
- £25,000 - £35,000