Mechanical Modelling and Drafting Engineer (Edinburgh)
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Recruitment Experts are seeking a Mechanical Modelling and Drafting Engineer to work in the Aerospace/Defense sector for one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offers contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places a priority on having locally based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the customer in the design and development of radar and electro-optic products under the guidance of the mechanical team leaders
- Utilise state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development lifecycle- including stress and thermal analysis, requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, build and product support
- Perform 'hands-on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software, including 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose
- Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions
The ideal candidate will be a degree qualified/time served engineer with a mechanically biased design background within Aerospace/Defense of 6 years+. You will have excellent problem-solving skills and a logical approach to investigating issues in an effective manner. You will have a precision engineering background (gas/ steam turbine, medical electronics, robotics for example) with CREO experience.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar position
- Mechanical engineering degree/equivalent or time served experience
- UK/EU Citizenship
- SC Clearable ( BPSS + SC as required)
- Mechanical engineering detailed design background - first-hand experience of engineering design, numerical calculations, tolerance studies, etc
- CREO, ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS classic experience
- Experience within Aerospace/Defense would be highly advantageous
- Current Security Clearance (able to start a position with a BPSS whilst SC clearance is gained)
- Design and development experience of radar and electro-optic products would be highly desirable
UK/ EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance. We are unable to accept candidates who have dual nationality/citizenship on this occasion.