Microsoft Azure Engineer (Sheffield)
Are you a Web Hosting Engineer with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Azure? Looking for the opportunity to ensure that an award-winning software company can provide exceptional software and service to their global clients? And most importantly passionate about Technology and how we can use it to revolutionise the way we work?
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Rail Specialists are looking for a passionate Web hosting engineer to join their client based in Sheffield.
This is a unique and excellent opportunity to join a company that is in a period of growth due to the continued success of their products and you will be having overall responsibility for my clients Web hosting environment
This role encompasses all stages of the software delivery lifecycle and as such will involve working across many teams, while based in the IT & Support department.
- Joining an on-call rota for 24/7 response to P1 client issues.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in communications with stakeholders and clients to help maintain a great working relationship.
- Working as part of a project team to design and implement a hosting solution for a project.
- Monitoring, maintaining and improving project and product hosting solutions.
- Researching and investigating technologies which may be of benefit to my client
- Reporting on project and product performance from a hosting point of view, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Taking responsibility for infrastructure security and assisting clients and stakeholders with compliance.
- Collaborating with Service Design and IT & Support to review overall application performance.
- Taking an active lead on technical resolution during a P1 incident scenario.
- Working with the Head of Development to ensure that our technical capability underpins our strategic objectives.
- Working with the IT and Support Team to ensure the right level of infrastructure is considered to meet performance expectations.
- Experience in web hosting within IaaS and PaaS models within a commercial context.
- Proven track record of maintaining system availability for complex systems with many concurrent users.
- Involvement in solution design based on customer requirements to create an infrastructure specification.
- Strong knowledge of using Microsoft Azure cloud components including:
- Azure App Service
- SQL Database
- Service Bus
- Virtual Machines
- Azure Networking
- Knowledge of tuning and configuring Microsoft SQL Server.
- Comfortable with command line and GUI environments.
- Understanding Linux administration.
- An understanding of the principals involved in Message Queueing / Service Bus systems and experience with at least one.
- Able to convey complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- A willingness to work collaboratively and in partnership both inside the Company and externally.
- A passion for all things tech.
- Experience working with Microsoft EA Accounts and Subscriptions.
- Experience working with RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ.
- Using Terraform to manage Azure Resources.
- Awareness of container technologies such as Docker and usage within Azure.
- Strong familiarity with Debian/Ubuntu.
- Knowledge of Rail Sector.