Mixed Signal Engineer (Edinburgh)
(£40 - £50 per hour)
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Recruitment Experts are seeking Mixed Signal Design Engineers to work in the Aerospace/Defense sector for one of the UK's most interesting engineering services business who offers contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries.
Please note: UK/ EU Citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance. We are unable to accept candidates who have dual nationality/citizenship on this occasion.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places a priority on having locally based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
The engineer would be responsible for creating high quality and robust designs.
- Proven experience of Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics DX Designer or similar tools
- Experience of designs utilising DDS, ADC, DAC or other Low Noise Mixed Signal devices
- Experience of Hardware design of complex FPGA based designs
- Ability to analyse high-level documents and derive detailed Unit requirements with limited guidance
- Experience of debugging and testing new designs and supporting module and system related test, verification and integration project phases as required by a development type programme prior to system deliveries
- Experience of high-speed serial communication protocols and architectures
- Previous experience of working with Superheterodyne Receivers or Radar systems
- Applied Knowledge of a Staged Design Review process
- Self-motivated and have an aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Experience of liaising with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Good experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Current Security Clearance (able to start a position with a BPSS whilst SC clearance is obtained)
- Electronics Degree/ equivalent qualification