Mixed Signal Engineer (Edinburgh)
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Recruitment Experts are seeking Mixed Signal Design Engineers to work in the Aerospace/Defense sector for one of the UK's most interesting engineering services business who offers contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places a priority on having locally based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
The engineer would be responsible for creating high quality and robust designs.
Mandatory Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Proven experience of Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics DX Designer or similar tools
- Experience of designs utilising DDS, ADC, DAC or other Low Noise Mixed Signal devices
- Experience of Hardware design of complex FPGA based designs.
- Ability to analyse high-level documents and derive detailed Unit requirements with limited guidance.
- Experience of debugging and testing new designs and supporting module and system related test, verification and integration project phases as required by a development type programme prior to system deliveries
- Experience of high-speed serial communication protocols and architectures
- Previous experience of working with Superheterodyne Receivers or Radar systems.
- Applied Knowledge of a Staged Design Review process
- Self-motivated and have an aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion.
- Experience of liaising with internal and external suppliers and customers
- The ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the lead engineer
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Current Security Clearance (able to start a position with a BPSS whilst SC clearance is obtained)
- Electronics Degree/ equivalent qualification
UK/ EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance. We are unable to accept candidates who have dual nationality/citizenship on this occasion.