Network Field Engineer (Birmingham)
£35,000 per annum
Are you an IT/Telecoms Engineer who has a strong understanding of Service Desk or Network Environments? Our client has several Committed Obligations to adhere to which revolve around the implementation of new DCI screens in 40 train stations across the West Midlands and require a technically minded person with a background of remote working environments.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking for someone methodical, organised and responsible due to the nature of the work required, along with technical expertise, you will need to have worked in a high-pressure environment and have no issue with being under the cosh from the off!
The successful candidate will work with the IT team to provide support upgrades to WAN and MPLS/SD Wan for the new screens to be installed and integrated on the platforms. Each project/station will vary in terms of access and requirements therefore you will need to be able to adapt to changing situations. You will mostly be based on site or in our clients’ head office to manage the connection to the Network, ensure its working, and troubleshoot any problems as they arise with each situation/screen/switch install.
- A technical network mind-set and the desire to work in a fast pace environment that proactively seeks out solutions in line with BAU IT protocols
- A sense of responsibility and ownership in driving IT Network best practices development
- Excellent time-management skills; the ability to balance additional issues and problems as they arise against a set delivery plan and organise themselves across a 7-day working
- An openness to work collaboratively and to contribute to the delivery of a major project delivery
- Sharp and rigorous attention to detail
- A tenacious, committed and results-oriented polite attitude
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in an IT BAU Service Desk or Network environment
- Education to A-level standard (or equivalent), with a min 5 GCSEs to include Maths, English and ICT. Any IT qualification beyond GCSE (or equivalent).
- Proven technical ability with Microsoft Server 2003+, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange server, Windows 7+, Office 2010+, Microsoft Hyper-V virtualised environments, HP & Dell server/switch hardware
- Wireless Network technology and management
- Knowledge of AV equipment
- Any experience with remote working environments using Fibre, copper, Wi-Fi connectivity
- Providing support for the service transition BAU and Project teams
- £35,000 - £45,000