Network Project Engineer (Chatham)
£45,000 per annum
Are you an experienced project engineer? With extensive knowledge of LAN/WAN? Looking to join a company whose technology is used by millions of UK Commuters every day, where you will be responsible for managing technical expertise liaising with clients across the rail industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Rail Specialists are recruiting a Network Project Engineer for their digital rail client based in Chatham.
My client is looking for a Project Engineer to join their team who will be focused on delivering projects across the rail industry.
This is a project-based role, where your responsibilities will be to take the concept solution and proposal, detailed from the Sales team, and drive the technical part of the project. This role is hands-on, and you will be expected to get down to the details and be prepared to complete different tasks that are required.
Main responsibilities will include
- Refine and document customer requirements
- Creating Customer facing Solution overviews
- Refine and accurately document the system architecture design that will be implemented
- Produce base system configuration files and document procedures to roll these out on a larger scale
- Perform acceptance tests
- Handover finalised projects to Technical Support staff and maintenance department
- Ensuring Icomera supplied components are correctly stated
- Ensuring supply chain and stock management processes are followed
- Participate in First of Class Installations
- Make changes/modifications to fit installations
- Working closely with the Sales Engineering team
- Be part of a project from start to finish
- Reviewing installation designs
- 4+ years of industry experience in Computer Science or Electrical/Network Engineering background or similar
- Strong LAN/WAN Networking skills
- System design experience
- Experience of producing technical documentation
- Technical Troubleshooting experience
- Strong team player with good work ethics, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised self-starter, ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and adapting to meet the goals of the business
- £45,000 +