Office Manager (Derby)
£20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Are you an Office Manager who can help create a people centric environment for a prestigious high value client based in Derby?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for a hands-on flexible individual to run an office of around 80 people, ensuring that the facilities, compliance and environment are meeting professional standards for a business of this calibre.
This is an opportunity to join a leading business that is currently going through a period of positive change and growth.
You will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support our clients’ core business, and ensure that the company has the most suitable working environment for its employees and activities.
The successful candidate will take on a number of office-based projects including office refurbishments, as well as liaising with various teams such as IT, Procurement, Compliance and Finance in order to ensure the functional day to day running of the office.
Being a people focussed business there will be many opportunities for personal growth and development such as support with qualifications and the ability to take on new challenges within different areas of the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Procurement to tender for and let contracts appropriately
- Monitor and manage supplier contracts
- Monitor, manage and procure the stationery for the Derby site
- Ensure all office facilities are in a good state of repair and are regularly maintained.
- Work in conjunction with the IT department with regard to future changes and requirements
- Deal with all office related health and safety issues
- Work with the Finance department in preparing and maintaining the annual budget for the building use and facility maintenance
- Improve business efficiency by reducing operating costs where appropriate
- Work with other departments within the business to report on and improve sustainability and corporate environmental responsibility
- Direct and plan essential services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Undertake the mandatory requirements of the fire evacuation procedure
The successful candidate must have previous experience of office management and administration. As a team player, you will interact across a varied work force with a can-do and friendly attitude.
You will be a flexible, resilient and tenacious individual who is willing to undertake tasks that may fall outside your day to day duties.
- Previous office management experience
- Organised and systematic
- Knowledge of office processes and administration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Flexible, practical and reliable
- Ability to understand financial data
- Facilities management qualification
- Awareness of environmental responsibilities within facilities management
- £25,000 per annum
- 25 days + 8 days annual leave
- Pension – industry wide (rail) defined contribution
- Flexi holiday – ability to buy and sell from January
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits
20th September 2018
- £15,000 - £25,000