OHL Engineer (Warwick)
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Ford & Stanley – The Recruitment Expert- are recruiting on behalf of an expanding UK based Consultancy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior OHL Engineer (with 3 or more years experience) to join a design consultancy which has been recently acquired by a high profile construction company and is growing rapidly, successfully winning several key projects in the UK.
Role & responsibilities
- OHL design with PLS-CADD in accordance with BS-EN 50341
- Production and checking of drawings for the OHL design
- Analysis of OHL structures with PLS-Tower
- Production of foundation loads
- Assistance in the tendering process
- Preparation of design technical reports
- Production of design concepts and drawings
- Design input/output within the designated risk management process
This Engineer can be located in either Warwick or London (central).
The ideal candidate will have experience in the production of all designs, reports, calculations and drawings that are associated with the new build or refurbishment of overhead line projects. You will be a strong communicator with an enthusiastic approach.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in OHL design
- Experience in PLS-CADD, PLS-Tower
- Experience in the production of all designs, calculations, reports and drawings associated with the new build or refurbishment of overhead line projects from 11kV to 300kV
- BEng/Bsc or higher in Civil or Structural Engineering
- CAD experience (such as Auto CAD, BoCAD etc)
- Sound understanding of British and European standards and technical experience from utility providers such as SSE, Scottish Power, National Grid
- Competent at creating and laying out quality drawings that construction and fabricators can understand
Friday 23rd November
- £35,000 - £45,000