Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting OLE Consultants for a global organisation based Derby who are looking to expand their Rail business.
Our client is a rapidly expanding consultancy group that is looking to develop their Rail market in the UK. With such growth comes the opportunity to stabilise an OLE design capacity in the city’s heart of rail: Derby. Our client is looking to appoint senior through to principal engineers specialising within either Electrification, Plant, Track and general infrastructure interfaces.
This opportunity will see the successful candidate play an integral part in shaping and influencing this particular area within rail, offering a fresh challenge and perspective within a reputable organisation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leadership and checking of OLE allocation design at feasibility, scheme and detailed design stages, working closely with senior and junior designers.
- Checking of deliverables including layout plans, cross sections, switching diagrams, bridge designs and bonding plans
- Liaison with clients to support the successful delivery of services.
- Development and management of relationships at all levels within a client’s company to support the successful delivery of services and the securing of future work.
- Increase brand awareness
- Work in accordance with all relevant railway industry, client, railway group, and technical standards
- Checking of accurate, clear, high quality technical reports and specification in English
- Operate under nominal supervision for the majority of the work ensuring the production of deliverables to agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Delivery of target project outcomes for technical quality, cost, fee, program and repeat business
- Proactive management of own time; and attendance at design team meetings
- Undertaking site surveys / site visits where required
- Delivery of robust forecasts for design delivery and tender estimates
- Day to day liaison internally with project manager and wider multi-disciplinary delivery team
- Feed into Program Control via Primavera P6, and document control systems as required
- Change and risk management
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified who has the demonstrable rail experience within OLE / Electrification. You will demonstrate a strong technical engineering background whilst showcasing your commercial acumen in project setting. It is imperative the successful individual can work autonomously to produce results as well as being the main liaison point between the company and the customer.
- Degree qualified with experience or minimum HND with experience
- Technical skills and experience
- Experience of working in the rail industry for a minimum of 15 years, ideally with contractor, consultancy, or client experience
- Knowledge of all relevant railway industry, group and technical engineering standards
- Knowledge and/or experience of OLE construction methods and installation techniques
- Excellent contract and commercial awareness
- Proficient user of industry standard tools such as AutoCAD and/or Microstation; Microsoft Office packages;
- Excellent leadership communication and team working skills with the ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively.
- Chartered in their specialist area e.g. IMechE / IET or similar
- Working knowledge of ELLF packages for OLE projects