P6 Planner (Derby)
£45 - £55 per hour
Ford & Stanley – The rail recruitment experts are currently recruiting a P6 Planner for a cutting-edge technology company who operate primarily within the railway sector. Their comprehensive portfolio includes measuring systems for digitalised condition monitoring of rolling stock and rail infrastructures, and inspection systems for rail networks.
They’re in need of a P6 planner to join the business to help steam line their manufacturing process. They also must understand project status, customer needs and priorities the ability to obtain project information from various sources. This is a 6 months contract initially which has potential for long term rolling.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide planning and controls leadership for the projects under your control
- Be the technical planning expert ensuring consistent application of standards and procedures, including templates and guidance within the project team.
- Work closely with project, commercial and finance managers and members of the wider project teams to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions.
- Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern.
- Ensure that the periodic project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of KPI, EV, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree/HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience.
- Experience of planning production & infrastructure projects preferably in the rail industry.
- Experience of working with senior management for both client and contractor organisation.
- Technical planning expert to advanced Primavera level with knowledge and use of other planning tool such as MS Project
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an assertive style of behaviour.
- Practiced analytical and problem solving skills
Possible Job Titles
P6 Planning Engineer, Project Co-Ordinator, Assistant Project Manager