Principal Mechanical Engineer (Edinburgh)
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Recruitment Experts are seeking a Principle Mechanical Engineer to work in the Aerospace/Defense sector for one of the UK's most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
Your role as a Principle Mechanical Engineer will be to lead the design and development of world leading radar and electro-optic products. You will be utilising state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development lifecycle, including stress and thermal analysis, requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, build and product support.
Role & Responsibilities
- Present robust engineering solutions at design and peer reviews to ensure technical accuracy of specifications, designs and reports.
- Design innovative, optimised engineering solutions taking into account all requirements such as product quality, safety, reliability and testability.
- Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software, including 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose.
- Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
- Mentor, develop and coach engineers in terms of technical knowledge and soft skills.
- Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools.
- Provide technical direction on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
- Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions.
- Support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
- Support mechanical management team in process and departmental improvement and development activities.
- Continue professional development throughout your career by formal training, learning "on the job" and keeping up to date with the latest developments which may aid performance.
- SC Clearable ( BPSS + SC as required)
- Experience working to tight tolerences
- Experience in a similar position within Aerospace/Defense
- Problem solving and simultaneous engineering – structured, logical approach to investigate issues and problems in an effective cross-functional manner.
- First-hand experience of engineering design, numerical calculations, tolerance studies, etc.
- Demonstrate ability of fulfilling customer requirements (internal and/or external).
- CREO experience
- ANSYS experience
- Current Security Clearance (able to start a position with a BPSS whilst SC clearance is gained)
- Ideally you will hold a minimum of an upper second class Masters Honours degree in a relevant discipline or have equivalent job related experience.
- Chartered Engineer with IMechE or equivalent.
UK/ EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance. We are unable to accept candidates who have dual nationality/citizenship on this occasion.