Procurement Administrator (Newport)
£12.00 - £12.20 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Procurement Administrator to join a leading global Rolling Stock Manufacturing company based in Newport, Wales.
This is an opportunity to work for a company who have become international market leaders in the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for rail systems. The Company has a significant presence throughout the UK and in 2018 have built a new start-of-the-art Rolling Stock assembly hub in Newport (Wales).
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the day to day operational requirements of the materials & procurement department with general administrative tasks
- Manage the receipting for all indirect materials & services
- Resolve invoice queries & receipting issues for indirect services
- Place purchase orders and expedite associated deliveries for NCR material as required
- Focal point of interface with suppliers, purchase ledger warehousing
- Maintain key performance metrics
- Ensure accurate records are completed and maintained
- Ensure that all work carried out is compliant with health, safety and environmental legislation and Company policies and procedures
- Ensure all work carried out is compliant with Company quality management systems/policies and procedures
- Carry out quality checks to ensure, where relevant, product meets quality and safety standards
- Is pro-active in the role and identifies improved ways of supporting the Company in managing its objectives
The ideal candidate must be a proactive individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Procurement.
- A minimum off 2 years’ experience in Procurement
- Experience within a supply chain / warehousing admin function
- Competent in the use of Word & Excel & recognized ERP systems, ideally BAAN or similar (e.g SAP)
- Able to work under pressure & prioritize workload
- Willing to travel / attend offsite meetings if required
- Recognise concepts of procure / purchase to pay